Friday, September 11, 2009

Southern Vampire/Sookie Stackhouse series

Southern Vamps!!! LOVE this series!!! After reading Twilight saga and wanting more vamps, my cousin Wendy introduced me to Southern Vampire/Sookie Stackhouse series. Well this series did not disappoint I'll tell you that. I was so happy Sookie met Bill and fell in love with him. But then...ERIC came along and well sweep me off my feet! There are 9 books so far in this series and each one is as good as the next but I so far can't get enough Eric so when he is featured in the book the better it gets. But again I am a big Eric fan and am hoping that Sookie will stay with Eric although being that there is suppose to be more books released from this series I'm sure things will change. The next book, Dead in the Family is set to be release May of 2010. I can't wait for this book to be released I have read the series twice now and I want more!! Sookie who is the the heroine of the book is a telepath and works in Merlottes as a waitress. She works with Sam owner of Merlotte's and a shapeshifter. But Sookie doesn't find out about that right away. Sam has a crush on Sookie and Sookie has dreams that Sam stars in sometimes. Sookie is a town "freak" so to speak, because of her "disability" being a telepath. She doesn't date and people tend to stay away from here because of that. Well in come Bill a stranger in the town of Bon Temps. Sookie couldn't hear his thoughts and she became attracted to that. Then she finds out that he is a vampire. Well the fun begins and Sookies life is not the same. She meets Eric and many other vamps, werewolves, maenads, fairies and more. This is defiantly an adult read. Its also can be seen on HBO; we all know it as TRUE BLOOD! At least I believe most of us know it as that. The show doesn't follow the book exactly but the main characters are there. Back to the book. My favorites have to be book 4 and 9 by far. ERIC need I say more? Although Quinn offered something interesting, I still love Eric. Not to give anymore away, the books are great reads and highly recommend. A must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment