Thursday, May 17, 2018

Tethered SoulsTethered Souls by Beth Flynn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Finished reading (ARC) a couple days ago and had to figure out how to do the book justice without giving away the stories. All I can say is - sit back and enjoy the ride. If you’ve read the other books in the series, then this will be like visiting good ol friends.
Mimi and Christian story, tethered souls. First off you should read the Nine Minutes trilogy and Iron Tiara before you read this book. There are so many characters popping up from those books. You almost need a reference guide to keep track of who’s who and who did what to who. Loved how we get to see more of Grizz and Ginny. As well as Antony Bear, Christy. And Slade.
Mimi is finishing up her last year of college in South Carolina. Christian still in Florida was just finishing up time served in prison, this was 2007. Five years earlier they were saying goodbye and Mimi promised Christian it wouldn’t be the last time they spoke and that she’d keep in touch when she could. 5 years and not a word from Mimi, Christian decided to take matters into his own hands. Remind Mimi about her promise and make her remember what she left behind all those years ago.
This is the main story, the struggle and reconnection of Mimi and Christian. The journey they go on to find their way back together. Along this journey to reconnecting we run into some familiar faces, that have back stories we need to explore. Slade and Bevin, Blue and Jodi, The Ghost.
I didn’t want to give all away with my review and I hope I expressed well enough what a good read this book was. I found myself having to remember not to compare so much to the other books by Beth. Remember Mimi and Christian (thankfully) are different than their parents and their story had to be different. I enjoyed reading their sweeter love story. It didn’t have the intense grit of Nine Minutes or even Iron Tiara. But because of those books and characters associated with them, if you loved the books. Well you were bound to read this one. This one like the other books of Beth Flynn left me wanting more!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment